Various departments from the City of West Allis have come together to blog about city news and information. For more information on the City of West Allis, visit their website.
Residents may place yard waste materials such as flowers, vines, weeds, thatch, garden debris and leaves into the curb line of the street for collection from Sunday, September 15, through Sunday, November 10, 2013. Do not place materials in the curb line at any other time.
Help City workers help you! The following guidelines will provide residents of West Allis with better, faster and more efficient yard waste collection service!
1) Do not place materials for collection in drainage ditches, alleys, refuse containers, ash boxes or piles in your yard or driveway. Rake them into the street along the curb line forming a windrow (long low pile).
2) If you do not have a curb on your street, place your materials along the roadway in a windrow.
3) Open air burning of yard waste is not permitted in West Allis.
4) To help prevent materials from blowing around, wet them down.
5) Do not park vehicles along the curb line near or over yard waste piles.
6) Do not place brush, woody plants and grass clippings in the yard waste windrows.
7) Remove pots and soil from plants before placing in the curb line.
If you have any questions about this collection service, feel free to call the Sanitation and Street Division at 302-8800 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.