A Brookfield man either had $100,000 in jewelry stolen from his home - or he just misplaced it, city of Brookfield police said.
On Aug. 16, the man's ex-wife reported the jewelry had been in a house in the 2800 block of North Brookfield Road. She told police her ex-husband had asked her to buy a safe to keep the jewelry in, and she had. But her ex went to Kentucky on business, and the jewelry now cannot be found, according to the police report.
Capt. Jim Adlam said officers are investigating the case as a theft, but "it's possible that the subject hid it and doesn't remember where it is. Apparently, he hides it."
Adlam said there are no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin names its tallest spruce tree
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- Trading places: Student officers learn about crime scenes and evidence collection
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library's patio
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Lifeway Foods CEO looking forward to future in Waukesha
- Neighbors unite beautifying turf