A Brookfield man either had $100,000 in jewelry stolen from his home - or he just misplaced it, city of Brookfield police said.
On Aug. 16, the man's ex-wife reported the jewelry had been in a house in the 2800 block of North Brookfield Road. She told police her ex-husband had asked her to buy a safe to keep the jewelry in, and she had. But her ex went to Kentucky on business, and the jewelry now cannot be found, according to the police report.
Capt. Jim Adlam said officers are investigating the case as a theft, but "it's possible that the subject hid it and doesn't remember where it is. Apparently, he hides it."
Adlam said there are no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds