A Brookfield man either had $100,000 in jewelry stolen from his home - or he just misplaced it, city of Brookfield police said.
On Aug. 16, the man's ex-wife reported the jewelry had been in a house in the 2800 block of North Brookfield Road. She told police her ex-husband had asked her to buy a safe to keep the jewelry in, and she had. But her ex went to Kentucky on business, and the jewelry now cannot be found, according to the police report.
Capt. Jim Adlam said officers are investigating the case as a theft, but "it's possible that the subject hid it and doesn't remember where it is. Apparently, he hides it."
Adlam said there are no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin accepts offers for two former school properties
- Cost of razing part of Muskego park building puts brakes on idea
- West Allis considers fund to help homeowners repair sewer laterals
- License of mobile home park in West Allis could roll away
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- News and notes
- Menomonee Falls losing experienced leaders