A Brookfield man either had $100,000 in jewelry stolen from his home - or he just misplaced it, city of Brookfield police said.
On Aug. 16, the man's ex-wife reported the jewelry had been in a house in the 2800 block of North Brookfield Road. She told police her ex-husband had asked her to buy a safe to keep the jewelry in, and she had. But her ex went to Kentucky on business, and the jewelry now cannot be found, according to the police report.
Capt. Jim Adlam said officers are investigating the case as a theft, but "it's possible that the subject hid it and doesn't remember where it is. Apparently, he hides it."
Adlam said there are no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue