A Brookfield man either had $100,000 in jewelry stolen from his home - or he just misplaced it, city of Brookfield police said.
On Aug. 16, the man's ex-wife reported the jewelry had been in a house in the 2800 block of North Brookfield Road. She told police her ex-husband had asked her to buy a safe to keep the jewelry in, and she had. But her ex went to Kentucky on business, and the jewelry now cannot be found, according to the police report.
Capt. Jim Adlam said officers are investigating the case as a theft, but "it's possible that the subject hid it and doesn't remember where it is. Apparently, he hides it."
Adlam said there are no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay School Board says radio station would be better suited for community use
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Superintendent Lexmond leaves Shorewood for West Allis-West Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 2
- Shorewood planning a community-wide book discussion
- Wisconsin Lutheran College proposes selling homes now used for student housing
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session
- Whitefish Bay couple accused of public assistance fraud
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa