New Berlin — If the budget process allows it, Beloit Road would get a makeover by 2017 to deal with its high accident rate and traffic volume between Moorland Road and National Avenue.
Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas included such a project in his 2011-15 Five-Year Capital Plan, a significant portion of his proposed 2011 budget.
The unspecified work, for which design work would begin in 2015 for construction in 2017, would involve either a rehabilitation or reconstruction of Beloit Road in the south central part of New Berlin. The stretch of road reaches a volume of about 5,000 vehicles per day, according to a 2007 study, and a new Children's Hospital facility is adding to development along the roadway, Vrakas said in a press release.
The County Board was expected to see Vrakas' capital plan Wednesday and review the full 2011 budget later in September. The budget will be approved sometime in November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Police seek North Shore Bank robber
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Whitefish Bay couple challenges conventions with hybrid theater company
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's