West Allis — An 84-year-old woman was killed and three other people were injured Thursday in a house fire, a Fire Department official said.
The fire in the 1100 block of S. 56th St. was reported about 1:50 p.m., Fire Department Lt. Keith Pirlot said. The fire appears to be accidental, Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said.
The woman who died lived in the home and was pronounced dead at the scene, Pirlot said. Her name has not been released.
Pirlot said three people were taken to hospitals - two women, ages 51 and 39, who lived in the home, as well as a man who saw smoke coming from the home and tried to enter but was unable to do so.
The conditions of the people who were hospitalized were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015