West Allis — An 84-year-old woman was killed and three other people were injured Thursday in a house fire, a Fire Department official said.
The fire in the 1100 block of S. 56th St. was reported about 1:50 p.m., Fire Department Lt. Keith Pirlot said. The fire appears to be accidental, Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said.
The woman who died lived in the home and was pronounced dead at the scene, Pirlot said. Her name has not been released.
Pirlot said three people were taken to hospitals - two women, ages 51 and 39, who lived in the home, as well as a man who saw smoke coming from the home and tried to enter but was unable to do so.
The conditions of the people who were hospitalized were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Council wants answers, assurances about emergency warning system
- Greendale's Josh Ringelberg named NOW Football Player of the Year
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Brown Deer police seek information on armed robbery suspect
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- The Corners gets approval, town funding
- Brookfield likely to renew contract to attract visitors