West Allis — An 84-year-old woman was killed and three other people were injured Thursday in a house fire, a Fire Department official said.
The fire in the 1100 block of S. 56th St. was reported about 1:50 p.m., Fire Department Lt. Keith Pirlot said. The fire appears to be accidental, Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said.
The woman who died lived in the home and was pronounced dead at the scene, Pirlot said. Her name has not been released.
Pirlot said three people were taken to hospitals - two women, ages 51 and 39, who lived in the home, as well as a man who saw smoke coming from the home and tried to enter but was unable to do so.
The conditions of the people who were hospitalized were not available.
- Roundup of Memorial Day events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Best Summer Ever in Suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in March
- This is how many shooting and bomb threats have been made in suburban Milwaukee schools since 2012 (3)
- Netflix Queue-and-A: Local officials discuss what they’re streaming about
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in February
- Newsroom leads the state in WNA contest
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January