West Allis — An 84-year-old woman was killed and three other people were injured Thursday in a house fire, a Fire Department official said.
The fire in the 1100 block of S. 56th St. was reported about 1:50 p.m., Fire Department Lt. Keith Pirlot said. The fire appears to be accidental, Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said.
The woman who died lived in the home and was pronounced dead at the scene, Pirlot said. Her name has not been released.
Pirlot said three people were taken to hospitals - two women, ages 51 and 39, who lived in the home, as well as a man who saw smoke coming from the home and tried to enter but was unable to do so.
The conditions of the people who were hospitalized were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm promising growth
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions about future of remainiing rural sections