West Allis — An 84-year-old woman was killed and three other people were injured Thursday in a house fire, a Fire Department official said.
The fire in the 1100 block of S. 56th St. was reported about 1:50 p.m., Fire Department Lt. Keith Pirlot said. The fire appears to be accidental, Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said.
The woman who died lived in the home and was pronounced dead at the scene, Pirlot said. Her name has not been released.
Pirlot said three people were taken to hospitals - two women, ages 51 and 39, who lived in the home, as well as a man who saw smoke coming from the home and tried to enter but was unable to do so.
The conditions of the people who were hospitalized were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: April 23, 2015
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Brookfield committee discusses chicken ordinance specifics
- North Shore Legion Hall gets a makeover
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18