The Menomonee Falls Police Department has sent out an alert today warning residents of a man who claims to work for a tree service but then robs people once he gets inside their homes.
According to the news release:
Wauwatosa and Milwaukee police both reported home invasions involving the same man.
At 93rd and Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa, the man told the female homeowner that he needed to use the bathroom and was there as a representative of Brookfield Tree Service. Once inside, he grabbed the woman from behind and demanded money.
In the Milwaukee incident, he attempted to talk his way into the home claiming he worked for Hoppe Tree Service.
The suspect is a white man, about 25-35 years old, 6 feet tall with a medium build, blond hair, clean shaved, wearing work clothes with a tan baseball-type hat. There is no vehicle description.
No weapon was used nor was one implied. The timeframe of the crimes was 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 2
- Plans revived for a subdivision near a Muskego wildlife area
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill
- Chinese restaurant owner brings new life to Waukesha shopping center