A woman drowned while trying to rescue her dog, which fell through ice Sunday afternoon at a Menomonee Falls park
The 51-year-old woman was found by firefighters in 6 to 8 feet of water at Rivers Edge Park and taken to Community Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The woman's dog was found dead on the ice and appeared to have died of hypothermia, according to Menomonee Falls police.
Authorities were called to the park at 2:20 p.m. Sunday. The woman's name was not released pending notification of her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Luxury apartments included in next phase of Whitestone Station
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app