A woman drowned while trying to rescue her dog, which fell through ice Sunday afternoon at a Menomonee Falls park
The 51-year-old woman was found by firefighters in 6 to 8 feet of water at Rivers Edge Park and taken to Community Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The woman's dog was found dead on the ice and appeared to have died of hypothermia, according to Menomonee Falls police.
Authorities were called to the park at 2:20 p.m. Sunday. The woman's name was not released pending notification of her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Parking ramp rising for Johnson Controls in West Allis
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- Shorewood finalizes Metro Market development
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card