A woman drowned while trying to rescue her dog, which fell through ice Sunday afternoon at a Menomonee Falls park
The 51-year-old woman was found by firefighters in 6 to 8 feet of water at Rivers Edge Park and taken to Community Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The woman's dog was found dead on the ice and appeared to have died of hypothermia, according to Menomonee Falls police.
Authorities were called to the park at 2:20 p.m. Sunday. The woman's name was not released pending notification of her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Correction: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Brookfield police warn against phone scam
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 21
- Elmbrook Humane Society puts on seventh annual Wagfest
- Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Franklin needs more retail, according to report. Officials consider their options.
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Disconnected air hose stops train in its tracks in Waukesha