A woman drowned while trying to rescue her dog, which fell through ice Sunday afternoon at a Menomonee Falls park
The 51-year-old woman was found by firefighters in 6 to 8 feet of water at Rivers Edge Park and taken to Community Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The woman's dog was found dead on the ice and appeared to have died of hypothermia, according to Menomonee Falls police.
Authorities were called to the park at 2:20 p.m. Sunday. The woman's name was not released pending notification of her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Police Report: July 9, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 9, 2015 issue