An argument between co-workers over what they listened to on the radio resulted in one man attacking another, according to a town of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
The 19-year-old victim was working on a car in the service department at Lexus of Brookfield, 20001 W. Bluemound Road, when he was attacked by a 22-year-old co-worker on June 22.
Witnesses said the 22-year-old blindsided the victim with punches to the face and head.
The victim told police that he and the 22-year-old had an argument on June 17 over Salsa music that was on the radio.
The 22-year-old pushed the victim and threatened to fight with him after work because he said he was tired of listening to Salsa music.
A manager sent the 22-year-old home after the altercation and terminated his employment on June 22; about 10 minutes prior to the attack.
The victim said he recently had facial reconstruction surgery because of injuries suffered in a car crash and feared his jaw may have been broken in the attack.
The 22-year-old was cited for disorderly conduct and battery.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Colorado man charged with stalking, and more, in case involving ex-girlfriend in Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Crowds turn out to discuss long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- Waukesha apartment plan may get further revisions
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay reconstruction in Germantown
- Legal fight over historic Blair House in Waukesha continues
- Waukesha's old garbage system is just about trashed with delivery of new carts
- New City Administrator Kevin Lahner ready to take on Waukesha's challenges