The area around Little Muskego Lake would lose one of its three aldermen on the Muskego Common Council under a proposed district redrawing plan tied to current census data.
Parts of the Little Muskego Lake area are in the districts of aldermen Neil Borgman, 3rd district; Keith Werner, 4th district, and Dan Soltysiak, 5th district. Under the proposed plan, Solysiak would no longer represent any lake residents.
The seven-member Common Council and some in the audience at last night's Common Council meeting want to avoid that. As a result, the plan was sent back for more alternatives to be developed.
The proposed plan also would redraw ward lines, reducing the number of wards from the current 17 to 16. That would not affect polling places.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Jefferson Elementary School, West Allis, awarded pair of grants
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Judge sentences Waukesha woman who beat daughter to probation
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue