The area around Little Muskego Lake would lose one of its three aldermen on the Muskego Common Council under a proposed district redrawing plan tied to current census data.
Parts of the Little Muskego Lake area are in the districts of aldermen Neil Borgman, 3rd district; Keith Werner, 4th district, and Dan Soltysiak, 5th district. Under the proposed plan, Solysiak would no longer represent any lake residents.
The seven-member Common Council and some in the audience at last night's Common Council meeting want to avoid that. As a result, the plan was sent back for more alternatives to be developed.
The proposed plan also would redraw ward lines, reducing the number of wards from the current 17 to 16. That would not affect polling places.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Mayoral race gets early start in Glendale
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Improvement ideas unveiled