The area around Little Muskego Lake would lose one of its three aldermen on the Muskego Common Council under a proposed district redrawing plan tied to current census data.
Parts of the Little Muskego Lake area are in the districts of aldermen Neil Borgman, 3rd district; Keith Werner, 4th district, and Dan Soltysiak, 5th district. Under the proposed plan, Solysiak would no longer represent any lake residents.
The seven-member Common Council and some in the audience at last night's Common Council meeting want to avoid that. As a result, the plan was sent back for more alternatives to be developed.
The proposed plan also would redraw ward lines, reducing the number of wards from the current 17 to 16. That would not affect polling places.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay professor challenges Jim Ott
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville schools will pitch 4K program
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Brothers pave patio, walkway for veterans in Shorewood
- Cahill neighbors call foul on new field