The area around Little Muskego Lake would lose one of its three aldermen on the Muskego Common Council under a proposed district redrawing plan tied to current census data.
Parts of the Little Muskego Lake area are in the districts of aldermen Neil Borgman, 3rd district; Keith Werner, 4th district, and Dan Soltysiak, 5th district. Under the proposed plan, Solysiak would no longer represent any lake residents.
The seven-member Common Council and some in the audience at last night's Common Council meeting want to avoid that. As a result, the plan was sent back for more alternatives to be developed.
The proposed plan also would redraw ward lines, reducing the number of wards from the current 17 to 16. That would not affect polling places.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- South Shore Police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Explore the outdoors with activities at SANC