The area around Little Muskego Lake would lose one of its three aldermen on the Muskego Common Council under a proposed district redrawing plan tied to current census data.
Parts of the Little Muskego Lake area are in the districts of aldermen Neil Borgman, 3rd district; Keith Werner, 4th district, and Dan Soltysiak, 5th district. Under the proposed plan, Solysiak would no longer represent any lake residents.
The seven-member Common Council and some in the audience at last night's Common Council meeting want to avoid that. As a result, the plan was sent back for more alternatives to be developed.
The proposed plan also would redraw ward lines, reducing the number of wards from the current 17 to 16. That would not affect polling places.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday events to kick off in Oak Creek, Franklin, Hales Corners and Greendale
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate
- President Obama honored Wauwatosa's superintendent for technology integration
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue