The area around Little Muskego Lake would lose one of its three aldermen on the Muskego Common Council under a proposed district redrawing plan tied to current census data.
Parts of the Little Muskego Lake area are in the districts of aldermen Neil Borgman, 3rd district; Keith Werner, 4th district, and Dan Soltysiak, 5th district. Under the proposed plan, Solysiak would no longer represent any lake residents.
The seven-member Common Council and some in the audience at last night's Common Council meeting want to avoid that. As a result, the plan was sent back for more alternatives to be developed.
The proposed plan also would redraw ward lines, reducing the number of wards from the current 17 to 16. That would not affect polling places.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boon to Muskego downtown planning expected to come soon
- Business owners, Muskego officials to hash out problems over breakfast
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- Whitefish Bay heroin overdose leads to arrests
- Homestead, Shorewood ranked among top 10 Wisconsin high schools
- Nicolet parents concerned about math curriculum
- Big Muddly is Cedar Crest Ice Cream's winner