The Bay View Neighborhood Association today announced Go Green Night at Chill on the Hill. Go Green Night is at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Humboldt Park band shell, 3000 South Howell Ave. The evening focuses on renewable energies, urban ecology, recycling initiatives and cleaner transportation.
"Chill on the Hill's Go Green Night will provide opportunities for attendees to learn how to live more sustainably, more than simply separating recyclables out of the trash," said Rob Miller, BVNA's Environmental Chair. "The average citizen probably doesn't know that even old athletic shoes can be recycled as well as aluminum cans or plastic bottles."
Besides collecting art supplies for Project Crayon Box and toiletries for homeless veterans, the BVNA, along with Milwaukee Recycles, will be recycling athletic shoes in spirit of the night's green initiatives.
At least 10 local organizations will set up booths and exhibits, including: Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District; Milwaukee Recycles; Holistic Mom's Network; Sweet Water Organics; Midwest Renewable Energy Association; Milwaukee Energy Efficiency; Milwaukee Shines; Victory Garden Initiative; Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin; and Prasser-Kleczka Funeral Homes
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Shorewood TIF district nears finish line
- Student radio station gets fuzzy reception in Whitefish Bay
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- UW Marching Band visits Nicolet this weekend
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: March 5
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district