Fire caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street on Sunday morning.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from the attic, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. The homeowner was able to exit the home; there were no injuries.
"The exact cause is undetermined, but (it's) suspected to be electrical in nature," Case said.
It took 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze and Wauwatosa firefighters received assistance from the Elm Grove, Brookfield, Butler, North Shore and West Allis departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia