Fire caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street on Sunday morning.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from the attic, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. The homeowner was able to exit the home; there were no injuries.
"The exact cause is undetermined, but (it's) suspected to be electrical in nature," Case said.
It took 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze and Wauwatosa firefighters received assistance from the Elm Grove, Brookfield, Butler, North Shore and West Allis departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills speaks out on I-43 plans
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek helped extinguish flames of a car fire
- Whitefish Bay softball field gets $10,000 from village
- Superintendent retiring from Maple Dale-Indian Hill
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Village buying retail site
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Police Report: April 22
- News & Notes: April 24