Fire caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street on Sunday morning.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from the attic, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. The homeowner was able to exit the home; there were no injuries.
"The exact cause is undetermined, but (it's) suspected to be electrical in nature," Case said.
It took 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze and Wauwatosa firefighters received assistance from the Elm Grove, Brookfield, Butler, North Shore and West Allis departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Police seek North Shore Bank robber
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Whitefish Bay couple challenges conventions with hybrid theater company
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances