Fire caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street on Sunday morning.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from the attic, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. The homeowner was able to exit the home; there were no injuries.
"The exact cause is undetermined, but (it's) suspected to be electrical in nature," Case said.
It took 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze and Wauwatosa firefighters received assistance from the Elm Grove, Brookfield, Butler, North Shore and West Allis departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- Brown Deer Road meeting is July 30
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances