Fire caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street on Sunday morning.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from the attic, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. The homeowner was able to exit the home; there were no injuries.
"The exact cause is undetermined, but (it's) suspected to be electrical in nature," Case said.
It took 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze and Wauwatosa firefighters received assistance from the Elm Grove, Brookfield, Butler, North Shore and West Allis departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay professor challenges Jim Ott
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville schools will pitch 4K program
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Brothers pave patio, walkway for veterans in Shorewood
- Cahill neighbors call foul on new field