The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Heroic efforts reduce Greenfield fire's toll
- West looks to make comeback
- Mayoral candidates discuss budgeting, communication
- General election voters guide for Greenfield 1st Aldermanic District
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Water, video conferences at issue
- Janet Evans the top choice for Franklin District 4 alderman
- Development, budgets on candidates' minds
- Funeral Services 03/13/14