The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue