The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother arrested in stabbing of 2 sons
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- Brown Deer Road meeting is July 30
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator