The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GHS alumnus founds prominent student organization at UW-Madison
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- South Shore Police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue