The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood residents weigh in on master plan proposal
- What to expect on the Nov. 4 ballot
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014