The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Weekly Planner: Oct 2
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway
- Elm Grove family key to Vietnam program
- Brookfield church using a game to decrease environmental impact
- Franklin school tries a shut-up-and- eat approach at lunchtime
- In wake of theft spree, Brookfield police give gym safety tips
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 2
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue