The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel investigative report:: Across Wisconsin, uneven property assessments fly in the face of fairness
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- K-9 Officer Iron joins Mequon PD
- Homestead raising funds for facilities
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16