The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Whitefish Bay hires John Edlebeck as public works director
- Select North Hills Plaza businesses allowed to reopen following March 9 building collapse
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education