The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- Trading places: Student officers learn about crime scenes and evidence collection
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library's patio
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Lifeway Foods CEO looking forward to future in Waukesha
- Neighbors unite beautifying turf
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition