The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- Art mingles with lifting
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- South Shore Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options