The Greenfield Police and Fire Commission will meet tonight but will not approve new chiefs for the city's police and fire departments.
Both departments have been directed by interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt and interim Fire Chief Jon Cohn since early summer. The interim chiefs have substantial support on the commission, which only interviewed them and no other candidates for the job two weeks ago.
"We're not making any decision tonight," said commission chairman Dennis Clark.
Instead, the commission discussed the information gleaned from the oral interviews.
The interim chiefs were appointed through the end of the year, but those appointments can be extended.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Police Report: July 9, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 9, 2015 issue