Some of the most interesting news often happens in the suburbs and the just-completed year was no exception.
The most-read NOW online story of 2011 was an item on a 70-year-old St. Francis man who found a missile buried in the wall of his bathroom. How did it get there? We don't know for sure, but a former owner of the house was a World War II veteran known to collect war souvenirs.
We invite you to take a look back at some of the other most popular stories from 2011:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Waukesha domestic violence investigation turns out to be consensual "rough sex'"
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Waukesha NOW wins four awards in Wisconsin Newspaper Awards contest
- Park approved for River Hills neighborhood on city's southwest side
- Cumberland custodian charged with child abuse
- Shorewood adopts transgender student guidelines, protections
- Police Report: March 6
- In Our Schools: March 6