Some of the most interesting news often happens in the suburbs and the just-completed year was no exception.
The most-read NOW online story of 2011 was an item on a 70-year-old St. Francis man who found a missile buried in the wall of his bathroom. How did it get there? We don't know for sure, but a former owner of the house was a World War II veteran known to collect war souvenirs.
We invite you to take a look back at some of the other most popular stories from 2011:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- South Shore Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown officials respond to mandated revaluation of village
- Gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood, but causes no serious problems
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28