Four communities have advanced to the penultimate round of MyCommunityNOW's Battle of the Burbs bracket contest.
Top-seeded Wauwatosa handily defeated Franklin, 64-36, to earn a semifinal match up with No. 4 seed Waukesha. Waukesha earned its spot with a 52-48 victory over No. 2 Mequon-Thiensville.
Brookfield, a No. 1 seed, posted a 56-44 victory over Muskego and will face New Berlin in the semifinals. Second-seeded New Berlin advanced with a 63-37 rout of Shorewood.
Semifinal voting in the NCAA-style tournament continues for a week and pits suburbs against each other in a single-elimination showdown to determine the best community in the area.
Three lucky voters will win Visa gift cards and the winning community will receive a special proclamation from MyCommunityNOW and NOW Newspapers.
Battle of the Burbs
What: A NCAA-style tournament featuring Milwaukee-area suburbs
Who: Communities still alive are: Brookfield, New Berlin, Waukesha and Wauwatosa.
How: Visit MyCommunityNOW.com/burbs
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood residents weigh in on master plan proposal
- What to expect on the Nov. 4 ballot
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014