Four communities have advanced to the penultimate round of MyCommunityNOW's Battle of the Burbs bracket contest.
Top-seeded Wauwatosa handily defeated Franklin, 64-36, to earn a semifinal match up with No. 4 seed Waukesha. Waukesha earned its spot with a 52-48 victory over No. 2 Mequon-Thiensville.
Brookfield, a No. 1 seed, posted a 56-44 victory over Muskego and will face New Berlin in the semifinals. Second-seeded New Berlin advanced with a 63-37 rout of Shorewood.
Semifinal voting in the NCAA-style tournament continues for a week and pits suburbs against each other in a single-elimination showdown to determine the best community in the area.
Three lucky voters will win Visa gift cards and the winning community will receive a special proclamation from MyCommunityNOW and NOW Newspapers.
Battle of the Burbs
What: A NCAA-style tournament featuring Milwaukee-area suburbs
Who: Communities still alive are: Brookfield, New Berlin, Waukesha and Wauwatosa.
How: Visit MyCommunityNOW.com/burbs
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Exciting' Growing Pains: Southbrook to expand church to accommodate thriving congregation
- Oak Creek reports former alderwoman Betty Kopplin has died
- Oak Creek police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide
- Brookfield aldermen to vote next week on Irgens financial aid
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 2
- Franklin Common Council approves Kayla's Krew playground site
- Franklin police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Here's what's on the April 7 ballot in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board decides Hale overcrowding issue