We're a little bit more than seven hours away from the kickoff of tonight's first-round of the WIAA high school football playoffs, so there is still time to sign up and test your football predicting skills against local celebrities and sportswriters in MyCommunityNOW's Pigskin Picks playoff contest.
Weekly winners will receive a pair of movie passes to Marcus Theatres. Grand prizes at the end of the playoffs are Bartolotta Restaurants gift cards worth $100, $50 and $25.
Featured games this week are: Appleton East vs. Menomonee Falls; Brown Deer vs. Catholic Memorial; Greendale vs. Wauwatosa West, South Milwaukee vs. Brookfield Central and Messmer/Shorewood vs. Whitefish Bay.
Congratulations to Drew Hunkins of Waukesha, who was the overall winner in the regular-season version of Pigskin Picks. He earned a $100 Bartolotta gift card. Michael Cannon of New Berlin was second to claim a $50 gift card and Waukesha's Carl Liden finished third to win the $25 prize.
NOW sportswriter John Rech won the VIP contest, edging fellow sportswriter Tom "Sky" Skibosh by a game and reigning Miss St. Francis Colleen Mrotek by two games.
All are back for the postseason edition. You can join the fun in the playoff version of Pigskin Picks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: May 20
- Police Notes: May 20
- Walmart is now in the zone for development in New Berlin
- Forest Park students help Greenfield teen go to X Games, via Make-A-Wish
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library
- Mequon author discusses research book at North Shore library
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Police report: May 20
- In Our Schools: May 20