We're a little bit more than seven hours away from the kickoff of tonight's first-round of the WIAA high school football playoffs, so there is still time to sign up and test your football predicting skills against local celebrities and sportswriters in MyCommunityNOW's Pigskin Picks playoff contest.
Weekly winners will receive a pair of movie passes to Marcus Theatres. Grand prizes at the end of the playoffs are Bartolotta Restaurants gift cards worth $100, $50 and $25.
Featured games this week are: Appleton East vs. Menomonee Falls; Brown Deer vs. Catholic Memorial; Greendale vs. Wauwatosa West, South Milwaukee vs. Brookfield Central and Messmer/Shorewood vs. Whitefish Bay.
Congratulations to Drew Hunkins of Waukesha, who was the overall winner in the regular-season version of Pigskin Picks. He earned a $100 Bartolotta gift card. Michael Cannon of New Berlin was second to claim a $50 gift card and Waukesha's Carl Liden finished third to win the $25 prize.
NOW sportswriter John Rech won the VIP contest, edging fellow sportswriter Tom "Sky" Skibosh by a game and reigning Miss St. Francis Colleen Mrotek by two games.
All are back for the postseason edition. You can join the fun in the playoff version of Pigskin Picks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Oak Creek tree nursery firmly plants itself in diversity
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Four Democrats running to represent Shorewood
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Brown Deer selects new police chief