The Germantown boys basketball team (18-0) kept a hammerlock on the top spot in the MyCommunityNOW/Lake Country Roundball Rankings with a 94-44 victory at Milwaukee Lutheran on Friday.
The Warhawks, who have not lost since falling to Appleton East in the 2011 postseason, scored 36 points in the first quarter on the way to a 61-27 halftime advantage. They have won 46 consecutive games.
The Oak Creek (16-1) girls dispatched Racine Case, 55-40, and are considered a legitimate Division 1 title contender.
You can see the rest of the top teams in the area, the player of the week and more at the MyCommunityNOW/Lake Country Publications Roundball Rankings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm promising growth
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions about future of remainiing rural sections