A 28-year-old man was charged Tuesday in the fatal shooting of another man at a Wauwatosa bus stop over the weekend.
According to a criminal complaint, Richard L. Harper of Wauwatosa is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon, in the shooting death of Marc Joseph Boldt of Milwaukee.
Boldt, 38, was shot shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday at the northeast corner of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave.
According to the complaint, Harper told police he became upset and shot Boldt after Boldt offered to perform a sex act on him in exchange for money.
If convicted, Harper would face a maximum sentence of life plus five years in prison.
He was being held in the Milwaukee County jail Tuesday with bail set at $100,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel investigative report:: Across Wisconsin, uneven property assessments fly in the face of fairness
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- K-9 Officer Iron joins Mequon PD
- Homestead raising funds for facilities
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16