There have been numerous grab-and-run thefts at Boston Store at Mayfair in the past few weeks, with one of the most recent resulting in a loss of clothing valued at more than $4,600.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The department store had been open only minutes when employees heard the theft alarm sound at at 10:03 a.m. March 24.
Two men had grabbed armfuls of clothing and ran to a vehicle.
One of the men was recognized as the same person who had been casing the store the prior day. He had left when he saw a uniformed security guard.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: May 20
- Police Notes: May 20
- Walmart is now in the zone for development in New Berlin
- Forest Park students help Greenfield teen go to X Games, via Make-A-Wish
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library
- Mequon author discusses research book at North Shore library
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Police report: May 20
- In Our Schools: May 20