There have been numerous grab-and-run thefts at Boston Store at Mayfair in the past few weeks, with one of the most recent resulting in a loss of clothing valued at more than $4,600.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The department store had been open only minutes when employees heard the theft alarm sound at at 10:03 a.m. March 24.
Two men had grabbed armfuls of clothing and ran to a vehicle.
One of the men was recognized as the same person who had been casing the store the prior day. He had left when he saw a uniformed security guard.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Germantown surveys residents on community's needs, wants
- Answers and winners of the Suburban Selfies contest revealed!
- Three candidates seek Cobb's old seat on Shorewood School Board
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Video: Mequon man, 9/11 survivor, gained perspective from tragedy
- Shorewood tries Expeditionary Learning
- Pandl's celebrates 100 years in Whitefish Bay