There have been numerous grab-and-run thefts at Boston Store at Mayfair in the past few weeks, with one of the most recent resulting in a loss of clothing valued at more than $4,600.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The department store had been open only minutes when employees heard the theft alarm sound at at 10:03 a.m. March 24.
Two men had grabbed armfuls of clothing and ran to a vehicle.
One of the men was recognized as the same person who had been casing the store the prior day. He had left when he saw a uniformed security guard.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Nicolet drops national lunch program
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Israel-Palestine conflict hits home in the North Shore
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive