A 3-year-old Muskego boy died Tuesday afternoon after being found in a swimming pool at his grandparents' home in Franklin, police said.
According to Franklin police Capt. Clark Groen, the boy's grandmother called 911 shortly before 2 p.m. Family members were visiting the home and noticed the boy was missing after they ate lunch.
His grandfather pulled him from the 4-foot-deep, above-ground pool about 10 minutes later and began performing CPR.
A Flight for Life helicopter was dispatched to the home. Paramedics arrived and continued to try to revive the boy, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday and the boy's death is under investigation, but there is no reason to believe it is suspicious, Groen said.
The boy's identity was not released Tuesday evening because not all members of his family had been contacted, Groen said.
Jesse Garza of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Aug. 7
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Nicolet drops national lunch program