A 3-year-old Muskego boy died Tuesday afternoon after being found in a swimming pool at his grandparents' home in Franklin, police said.
According to Franklin police Capt. Clark Groen, the boy's grandmother called 911 shortly before 2 p.m. Family members were visiting the home and noticed the boy was missing after they ate lunch.
His grandfather pulled him from the 4-foot-deep, above-ground pool about 10 minutes later and began performing CPR.
A Flight for Life helicopter was dispatched to the home. Paramedics arrived and continued to try to revive the boy, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday and the boy's death is under investigation, but there is no reason to believe it is suspicious, Groen said.
The boy's identity was not released Tuesday evening because not all members of his family had been contacted, Groen said.
Jesse Garza of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015