A 3-year-old Muskego boy died Tuesday afternoon after being found in a swimming pool at his grandparents' home in Franklin, police said.
According to Franklin police Capt. Clark Groen, the boy's grandmother called 911 shortly before 2 p.m. Family members were visiting the home and noticed the boy was missing after they ate lunch.
His grandfather pulled him from the 4-foot-deep, above-ground pool about 10 minutes later and began performing CPR.
A Flight for Life helicopter was dispatched to the home. Paramedics arrived and continued to try to revive the boy, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday and the boy's death is under investigation, but there is no reason to believe it is suspicious, Groen said.
The boy's identity was not released Tuesday evening because not all members of his family had been contacted, Groen said.
Jesse Garza of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Video: Mequon man, 9/11 survivor, gained perspective from tragedy
- Shorewood tries Expeditionary Learning
- Pandl's celebrates 100 years in Whitefish Bay
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Thank You Farmers continues to deliver
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Lake Shore Middle School nominated for Blue Ribbon program