A 3-year-old Muskego boy died Tuesday afternoon after being found in a swimming pool at his grandparents' home in Franklin, police said.
According to Franklin police Capt. Clark Groen, the boy's grandmother called 911 shortly before 2 p.m. Family members were visiting the home and noticed the boy was missing after they ate lunch.
His grandfather pulled him from the 4-foot-deep, above-ground pool about 10 minutes later and began performing CPR.
A Flight for Life helicopter was dispatched to the home. Paramedics arrived and continued to try to revive the boy, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday and the boy's death is under investigation, but there is no reason to believe it is suspicious, Groen said.
The boy's identity was not released Tuesday evening because not all members of his family had been contacted, Groen said.
Jesse Garza of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Franklin police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Psychologist: Anissa Weier was 'socially isolated' and 'desperate for a friendship' before stabbing
- Village of Greendale takes steps to acquire property for possible veterans memorial site
- Rock Sports Complex in Franklin launches summer concert series
- Franklin students turns lemons into cancer research
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures