Greendale Fire Chief Jonathan Cohn will leave the department to become a battalion chief in the Greenfield Fire Department.
Greenfield Fire Chief Russ Spahn confirmed Cohn's hiring, saying he will begin as soon after he ties up loose ends in Greendale. Cohn did not return a call seeking comment.
"He will be coming on board in about a week or so," Spahn said.
Cohn was hired in Greendale in February 2007 after serving as a lieutenant and interim battalion chief in the North Shore Fire Department.
The Greenfield Fire Department recently reorganized so that three non-union battalion chiefs would be in supervisory roles rather than captains, who are unionized, Spahn said.
The department promoted two other candidates, former lieutenants Jeff Hohensee and Jim Mollet, to battalion chief.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Luxury apartments included in next phase of Whitestone Station
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app