Greendale Fire Chief Jonathan Cohn will leave the department to become a battalion chief in the Greenfield Fire Department.
Greenfield Fire Chief Russ Spahn confirmed Cohn's hiring, saying he will begin as soon after he ties up loose ends in Greendale. Cohn did not return a call seeking comment.
"He will be coming on board in about a week or so," Spahn said.
Cohn was hired in Greendale in February 2007 after serving as a lieutenant and interim battalion chief in the North Shore Fire Department.
The Greenfield Fire Department recently reorganized so that three non-union battalion chiefs would be in supervisory roles rather than captains, who are unionized, Spahn said.
The department promoted two other candidates, former lieutenants Jeff Hohensee and Jim Mollet, to battalion chief.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Susan G. Komen awards grant to Washington County
- Author of book featuring local police stories to host signing at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield TIF district for The Corridor gets final approval
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Shorewood Pick 'n Save closure boosts business at Sendik's
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 30, 2015
- Shorewood schools receive $1.5 million grant