Greendale Fire Chief Jonathan Cohn will leave the department to become a battalion chief in the Greenfield Fire Department.
Greenfield Fire Chief Russ Spahn confirmed Cohn's hiring, saying he will begin as soon after he ties up loose ends in Greendale. Cohn did not return a call seeking comment.
"He will be coming on board in about a week or so," Spahn said.
Cohn was hired in Greendale in February 2007 after serving as a lieutenant and interim battalion chief in the North Shore Fire Department.
The Greenfield Fire Department recently reorganized so that three non-union battalion chiefs would be in supervisory roles rather than captains, who are unionized, Spahn said.
The department promoted two other candidates, former lieutenants Jeff Hohensee and Jim Mollet, to battalion chief.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue