Greendale Fire Chief Jonathan Cohn will leave the department to become a battalion chief in the Greenfield Fire Department.
Greenfield Fire Chief Russ Spahn confirmed Cohn's hiring, saying he will begin as soon after he ties up loose ends in Greendale. Cohn did not return a call seeking comment.
"He will be coming on board in about a week or so," Spahn said.
Cohn was hired in Greendale in February 2007 after serving as a lieutenant and interim battalion chief in the North Shore Fire Department.
The Greenfield Fire Department recently reorganized so that three non-union battalion chiefs would be in supervisory roles rather than captains, who are unionized, Spahn said.
The department promoted two other candidates, former lieutenants Jeff Hohensee and Jim Mollet, to battalion chief.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Contaminated site revitalized for commercial ventures
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Customers struggle with the Nov. 5 store closing
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept.18
- Mequon named top K-12 district in state
- National Merit Semifinalists announced
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Inspiration Studios provides artists and actors stages to display talents in West Allis