Waukesha County construction crews have wrapped up work on a project to rebuild a 220-foot-long bridge on Springdale Road that spans the Fox River.
The county started on the $1.4 million project, which replaced a 47-year-old bridge with a new one at a slightly higher elevation, in mid-July. Construction was completed a few days before Thanksgiving.
Springdale Road was closed to motorists during the construction.
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- 2016 Fourth of July events in the Milwaukee suburbs
- Roundup of 2016 Memorial Day events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Best Summer Ever in Suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in March
- This is how many shooting and bomb threats have been made in suburban Milwaukee schools since 2012
- Netflix Queue-and-A: Local officials discuss what they’re streaming about
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in February