Waukesha County construction crews have wrapped up work on a project to rebuild a 220-foot-long bridge on Springdale Road that spans the Fox River.
The county started on the $1.4 million project, which replaced a 47-year-old bridge with a new one at a slightly higher elevation, in mid-July. Construction was completed a few days before Thanksgiving.
Springdale Road was closed to motorists during the construction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield company sends holiday cheer to troops abroad
- Dixon students learn fire safety
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Council wants answers, assurances about emergency warning system
- Greendale's Josh Ringelberg named NOW Football Player of the Year
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Brown Deer police seek information on armed robbery suspect
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI