Two families were displaced following a fire at a home in Shorewood this afternoon.
When North Shore firefighters were sent to a home in the 3600 block of N. Morris Blvd. around 1 p.m. they discovered heavy smoke coming from the second floor.
The fire ignited in the chimney and was difficult to extinguish because the smoke and flames traveled through concealed spaces, fire officials said. Investigators determined the cause of the fire was related to the installation of the chimney.
Damages were estimated at $165,000. There were no injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Police seek North Shore Bank robber
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Whitefish Bay couple challenges conventions with hybrid theater company
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances