Two families were displaced following a fire at a home in Shorewood this afternoon.
When North Shore firefighters were sent to a home in the 3600 block of N. Morris Blvd. around 1 p.m. they discovered heavy smoke coming from the second floor.
The fire ignited in the chimney and was difficult to extinguish because the smoke and flames traveled through concealed spaces, fire officials said. Investigators determined the cause of the fire was related to the installation of the chimney.
Damages were estimated at $165,000. There were no injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015