Two families were displaced following a fire at a home in Shorewood this afternoon.
When North Shore firefighters were sent to a home in the 3600 block of N. Morris Blvd. around 1 p.m. they discovered heavy smoke coming from the second floor.
The fire ignited in the chimney and was difficult to extinguish because the smoke and flames traveled through concealed spaces, fire officials said. Investigators determined the cause of the fire was related to the installation of the chimney.
Damages were estimated at $165,000. There were no injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants