Two families were displaced following a fire at a home in Shorewood this afternoon.
When North Shore firefighters were sent to a home in the 3600 block of N. Morris Blvd. around 1 p.m. they discovered heavy smoke coming from the second floor.
The fire ignited in the chimney and was difficult to extinguish because the smoke and flames traveled through concealed spaces, fire officials said. Investigators determined the cause of the fire was related to the installation of the chimney.
Damages were estimated at $165,000. There were no injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Proposed Meijer's aesthetics, driveway concern Greenfield commission
- Wauwatosa School District may add a new introductory computer class next year
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident