Greenfield police officers helped arrest a 21-year-old Milwaukee man who was driving the wrong way on Interstate 94 early Sunday.
According to the state Department of Transportation:
The Wisconsin State Patrol tried to stop a pickup truck traveling east in the westbound lanes of I-94 about 4:20 a.m.
The driver continued driving east in the Zoo Interchange, striking the median wall and possibly a silver vehicle.
Two Greenfield police officers boxed in the vehicle and forced the driver to stop on Interstate 894 near Beloit Road.
The driver was arrested for drunken driving, operating without a valid driver's license and going the wrong way on a divided highway.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills speaks out on I-43 plans
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek helped extinguish flames of a car fire
- Whitefish Bay softball field gets $10,000 from village
- Superintendent retiring from Maple Dale-Indian Hill
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Village buying retail site
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Police Report: April 22
- News & Notes: April 24