Greenfield police officers helped arrest a 21-year-old Milwaukee man who was driving the wrong way on Interstate 94 early Sunday.
According to the state Department of Transportation:
The Wisconsin State Patrol tried to stop a pickup truck traveling east in the westbound lanes of I-94 about 4:20 a.m.
The driver continued driving east in the Zoo Interchange, striking the median wall and possibly a silver vehicle.
Two Greenfield police officers boxed in the vehicle and forced the driver to stop on Interstate 894 near Beloit Road.
The driver was arrested for drunken driving, operating without a valid driver's license and going the wrong way on a divided highway.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- Personal finance students at Wauwatosa West guess value of items in "The Twelve Days of Christmas"
- Nicolet alum makes a name for herself at Northwestern
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding