Greenfield police officers helped arrest a 21-year-old Milwaukee man who was driving the wrong way on Interstate 94 early Sunday.
According to the state Department of Transportation:
The Wisconsin State Patrol tried to stop a pickup truck traveling east in the westbound lanes of I-94 about 4:20 a.m.
The driver continued driving east in the Zoo Interchange, striking the median wall and possibly a silver vehicle.
Two Greenfield police officers boxed in the vehicle and forced the driver to stop on Interstate 894 near Beloit Road.
The driver was arrested for drunken driving, operating without a valid driver's license and going the wrong way on a divided highway.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Mayoral race gets early start in Glendale
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Improvement ideas unveiled