New Berlin Alderman David Ament and two-term Mayor Jack Chiovatero came out on top of a field of five candidates all vying in Tuesday's primary election for the city's four-year mayoral seat.
Ament and Chiovatero will now go on to the April 2 spring election.
Ament actually outpolled the incumbent Chiovatero, 2,472 to 1,753, according to unofficial vote totals.
Former mayor Mary Claire Lanser garnered 1,438 votes in a strong third-place finish. Candidates Janet Schulz had 334 votes and Joseph Wieneke 318.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother arrested in stabbing of 2 sons
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- Brown Deer Road meeting is July 30
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator