Appraisals are ready for the four Muskego lake properties the city is looking at as part of a proposed park on the south side of Little Muskego Lake along Janesville Road.
In a closed session Tuesday night, the Muskego Common Council began deliberations about whether to buy two homes and parts of two more as part of the effort.
The fact that the discussion happened in closed session meant there was no public input - something some aldermen want more of before the city makes an offer on the properties or commits to any park development.
Likewise, several Muskego residents who stood in a hallway during Tuesday's meeting wanted a chance to speak on related cost issues, including what might be the price of maintaining a park.
The council is split on the input issue with some aldermen noting that the public has had a chance to speak on two previous occasions: when the park proposal was unveiled in August and when the council approved a resolution enabling the city to obtain the appraisals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public Forum: Thank you to the Wauwatosa Police Department
- School closings, additions proposed to Muskego-Norway School Board
- Whitnall School District facilities panel to be 7 to 13 members
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine
- Antiques mall could open in former Greenfield News & Hobby location
- Pepper spray used at Greenfield grocery store
- Good Harvest Market grows, expands café at new store in Waukesha
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 30