Oak Creek - A police investigation of two burglaries in the same apartment building led to the Feb. 15 arrest of an 18-year-old man who lives in the apartment complex.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The investigation started when an apartment resident in the 100 block of East Field Stone Circle came home and discovered his Xbox gaming system and $350 worth of videogames had been stolen from his locked apartment between 7:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 6.
On Feb. 14 police responded to the same apartment building after a resident reported more than $1,400 worth of electronics, including a flat-screen television, two gaming consoles, two hand-held gaming systems and numerous video games, had been stolen from his home between 7:45 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
In both cases there were no signs of forced entry and no evidence was found at either apartment.
Officers questioned the 18-year-old tenant the next day after they found many of the stolen items in his apartment. He denied being involved in the burglaries and was arrested on two counts of possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- DOT proposes moving a portion of I-43 east
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Drinking water is safe despite contamination warning
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Wal-Mart sale clears Brown Deer CDA
- Carp shoot May 25 on Little Muskego Lake, two carp worth $500 each
- Newsweek names New Berlin schools to 'America's Best High Schools' list
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market