Oak Creek - A police investigation of two burglaries in the same apartment building led to the Feb. 15 arrest of an 18-year-old man who lives in the apartment complex.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The investigation started when an apartment resident in the 100 block of East Field Stone Circle came home and discovered his Xbox gaming system and $350 worth of videogames had been stolen from his locked apartment between 7:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 6.
On Feb. 14 police responded to the same apartment building after a resident reported more than $1,400 worth of electronics, including a flat-screen television, two gaming consoles, two hand-held gaming systems and numerous video games, had been stolen from his home between 7:45 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
In both cases there were no signs of forced entry and no evidence was found at either apartment.
Officers questioned the 18-year-old tenant the next day after they found many of the stolen items in his apartment. He denied being involved in the burglaries and was arrested on two counts of possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Select North Hills Plaza businesses allowed to reopen following March 9 building collapse
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation