BloodCenter of Wisconsin is extending hours today through Wednesday at eight southeastern Wisconsin donor locations to offset an emergency-level shortage of all blood types.
According to a Blood Center news release, a lack of donors since Labor Day has caused the shortage and left the organization with a one-day supply of several blood types, including rare universal blood type O negative. The Blood Center is seeking an additional 1,000 donors over the three-day span to make up for the shortage.
Potential donors can arrange appointments by calling (877) 232-4376 or visiting www.bcw.edu/appt. Those over 16 are encouraged to donate. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate.
Extended hours at area locations are as follows:
Milwaukee, 638 N. 18th St. — 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Brown Deer, 5960 W. Brown Deer Road — 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Greenfield, 7210 W. Edgerton Ave. — 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wauwatosa, 8733 Watertown Plank Road — 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Waukesha, 2111 Springdale Road — 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Racine, 1120 S. Sunnyslope Road — 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Kenosha, 8064 39th Ave. — 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
West Bend, 130 Valley Ave. — 7:15 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue