Third District Alderman Neil Borgman, one of the three Muskego aldermen whose terms will expire next April, said last night that he will seek re-election.
The other two incumbents - Tracy Snead in the 1st District and Dan Soltysiak in the 5th District - have not announced if they will run again.
Next year's election could be complicated by the fact that Alderman Kert Harenda now lives in Borgman's district. That happened when the city had to redraw aldermanic district lines following the 2010 federal census.
Although Harenda can continue to represent District 2 until his term ends in April 2013, he may choose to run next year for Borgman's seat. Harenda was out of town and unavailable for comment today.
Those interested in running for the council can take out nomination papers and start getting signatures Dec. 1. The filing deadline is 5 p.m. Jan. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis considers fund to help homeowners repair sewer laterals
- License of mobile home park in West Allis could roll away
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- News and notes
- Menomonee Falls losing experienced leaders
- Irish dancers from Bay compete in London
- Therapist suggests making massage priority