Third District Alderman Neil Borgman, one of the three Muskego aldermen whose terms will expire next April, said last night that he will seek re-election.
The other two incumbents - Tracy Snead in the 1st District and Dan Soltysiak in the 5th District - have not announced if they will run again.
Next year's election could be complicated by the fact that Alderman Kert Harenda now lives in Borgman's district. That happened when the city had to redraw aldermanic district lines following the 2010 federal census.
Although Harenda can continue to represent District 2 until his term ends in April 2013, he may choose to run next year for Borgman's seat. Harenda was out of town and unavailable for comment today.
Those interested in running for the council can take out nomination papers and start getting signatures Dec. 1. The filing deadline is 5 p.m. Jan. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Police seek North Shore Bank robber
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Whitefish Bay couple challenges conventions with hybrid theater company
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances