A 16-year-old Brookfield boy could face burglary and theft charges for stealing a car, mini bike and all-terrain vehicle from a home in the 13000 block of Hampton Road, according to city of Brookfield police reports.
Also from the reports:
The vehicles, with a combined value of $3,400, were reported stolen at 5:41 a.m. Oct. 12.
The car was found in the backyard of a home in the 3400 block of Fiebrantz Drive just after 11:30 a.m. Oct. 12.
A man provided a description of the person who left the car, and it matched a teen who attends Brookfield East High School.
The mini bike and ATV were found in a wooded area behind the home they were taken from.
Officers responded to Brookfield East to question the boy who had been reported as a missing juvenile, and he admitted to taking the items.
Charges of burglary and theft will be forwarded to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for review.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Germantown surveys residents on community's needs, wants
- Answers and winners of the Suburban Selfies contest revealed!
- Three candidates seek Cobb's old seat on Shorewood School Board
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Video: Mequon man, 9/11 survivor, gained perspective from tragedy
- Shorewood tries Expeditionary Learning
- Pandl's celebrates 100 years in Whitefish Bay