A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel investigative report:: Across Wisconsin, uneven property assessments fly in the face of fairness
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- K-9 Officer Iron joins Mequon PD
- Homestead raising funds for facilities
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16