A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Greendale police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Retired Elm Grove police chief dies
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes a deal
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident presents donation