A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Susan G. Komen awards grant to Washington County
- Author of book featuring local police stories to host signing at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield TIF district for The Corridor gets final approval
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Shorewood Pick 'n Save closure boosts business at Sendik's
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 30, 2015
- Shorewood schools receive $1.5 million grant