A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Campus Colors sports new Mequon storefront
- New investment pleases Greenfield officials; remodeled auto and mattress shops approved by city
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- News & Notes: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale School District approves lower tax levy for 2014-15
- Nearly 800 scurry to Wehr Nature Center's Bug Day in Hales Corners
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18