City of Brookfield firefighters responded to a report of a building on fire in the 18200 block of Beverly Hills Drive just after 4:30 p.m. Nov. 13.
Firefighters arrived to find that the homeowner had used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to suppress a fire inside a clothes dryer prior to arrival, according to a report.
Lint had clogged the vent hose, and the homeowner was advised to have it checked by service personnel before using it again.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according to the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Hose Tower flows ahead with Greendale's financial help
- Elm Grove looks at pair of new pathways
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Glendale church holds drive-thru devotional
- Whitefish Bay puckers up for school fundraising drive
- Waukesha County Museum has stopped right now looking for new CEO
- Trash changes may be ahead in West Allis with fines
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now