City of Brookfield firefighters responded to a report of a building on fire in the 18200 block of Beverly Hills Drive just after 4:30 p.m. Nov. 13.
Firefighters arrived to find that the homeowner had used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to suppress a fire inside a clothes dryer prior to arrival, according to a report.
Lint had clogged the vent hose, and the homeowner was advised to have it checked by service personnel before using it again.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according to the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel investigative report:: Across Wisconsin, uneven property assessments fly in the face of fairness
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- K-9 Officer Iron joins Mequon PD
- Homestead raising funds for facilities
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16