City of Brookfield firefighters responded to a report of a building on fire in the 18200 block of Beverly Hills Drive just after 4:30 p.m. Nov. 13.
Firefighters arrived to find that the homeowner had used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to suppress a fire inside a clothes dryer prior to arrival, according to a report.
Lint had clogged the vent hose, and the homeowner was advised to have it checked by service personnel before using it again.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according to the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall drama tapped for Tommy Awards
- Waukesha man charged after allegedly assaulting and groping teenage girl
- Hales Corners police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 2
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District taps Shorewood superintendent for top spot
- Neighbors west of proposed Greenfield Meijer store fear more traffic
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 2
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs