The candidate filing deadline for the Whitnall School Board will be extended a day because schools are closed due to the cold, but similar closings will not affect West Allis-West Milwaukee or the Greenfield school candidates.
The Whitnall School District has extended the filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board gave schools the authority to extend the deadline in a memo dated Jan. 3.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee and the Greenfield schools also will be closed Tuesday, but their district offices will be open to accept candidacy papers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Germantown summit seeks to 'move beyond standardization into the future of learning'
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Select North Hills Plaza businesses allowed to reopen following March 9 building collapse
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal