The candidate filing deadline for the Whitnall School Board will be extended a day because schools are closed due to the cold, but similar closings will not affect West Allis-West Milwaukee or the Greenfield school candidates.
The Whitnall School District has extended the filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board gave schools the authority to extend the deadline in a memo dated Jan. 3.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee and the Greenfield schools also will be closed Tuesday, but their district offices will be open to accept candidacy papers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon will serve soups, pies at Hartwell Avenue location in Waukesha
- Waukesha woman sues the city's housing authority over lost rent assistance
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- Private meetings regarding Greendale School District's John Tharp spark concern
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- Fleeing the scene of a robbery, suspects crash stolen car near Whitefish Bay
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares