The candidate filing deadline for the Whitnall School Board will be extended a day because schools are closed due to the cold, but similar closings will not affect West Allis-West Milwaukee or the Greenfield school candidates.
The Whitnall School District has extended the filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board gave schools the authority to extend the deadline in a memo dated Jan. 3.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee and the Greenfield schools also will be closed Tuesday, but their district offices will be open to accept candidacy papers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Susan G. Komen awards grant to Washington County
- Author of book featuring local police stories to host signing at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield TIF district for The Corridor gets final approval
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS
- Violent confrontation results in felony charges
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Shorewood Pick 'n Save closure boosts business at Sendik's
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 30, 2015
- Shorewood schools receive $1.5 million grant