If the mood of diners when they leave a restaurant is an indication of their level of satisfaction, then Louis Gusmin, manager of Cocina Real, feels pretty confident his staff is doing a good job: "People leave here really happy."
Tucked away in a strip mall on Bluemound Road, just west of Brookfield Road, you could easily drive by Cocina Real without seeing it. But for the past 10 years, many patrons have discovered and returned to Cocina Real for their American-style or "Tex-Mex" Mexican food.
Formerly known as Mi Cocina, the restaurant is going through a name change - but the name is officially Cocina Real, which means "real kitchen" in Spanish.
The Cocina Real menu is quite large and has a variety of options sure to please almost anyone. Some of the more popular dishes include the six types of fajitas ($12.49 to $15.95), steak tacos known as Tacos Vaqueros ($9.95) and enchiladas prepared seven ways ($6.99 to $12.99).
Also featured are Cocina Real margaritas, which are offered in many flavors, sizes and prices.
"We have the best margaritas in town," Gusmin says.
Gusmin doesn't mince words when he describes Cocina Real: "We have the best Mexican food in the area. We make it fresh all day with fresh products. Cocina Real is a very good place to come and eat. We are here for 10 years already, so the food must be good."
NAME: Cocina Real Mexican Restaurant
ADDRESS: 19035 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield
PHONE: (262) 780-8830
HOURS: 11 a.m. to 10 pm. Monday through Saturday, noon to 9 p.m. Sunday
PRICE RANGE: $6.49 to $15.95 (approximate)
HANDICAP ACCESS: yes
GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS: no
LOOKING TO 'GRAB A BITE'?
"Grab a Bite" is an informal look at the food scene in the Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Elm Grove area by freelance writer Karen Waldkirch. Whether you're looking for a place for a date night or a casual spot for lunch, Waldkirch will be out and about scouting eateries for you. If you have a suggestion for a column, e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- In Our Schools: March 5, 2015
- Germantown parents speak out against large kindergarten class sizes
- Germantown School District discusses issues with student food waste
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners