A safer route to Muskego High School in the form of an off-road pedestrian and bicycle path along Woods Road should be in place by the time school opens next year after summer vacation.
Survey work should start anytime for the 8-foot-wide asphalt path to go along the north side of Woods Road from Racine Avenue to Quietwood Drive, a distance of about two miles.
Students heading to Muskego High School at Woods and Racine likely will use the path. And bikers will be able to pick up another bike trail at Quietwood that goes to Moorland Road and then another that goes into New Berlin.
The Muskego Public Safety Committee approved a design contract last night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Photo Essay: Faces of the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair
- In photos: Community marks three year anniversary of Sikh Temple shooting
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Oak Creek police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Still in the picture: Pixologie continues to grow photo service
- Franklin police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Police Report: July 9, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 9, 2015 issue