A 40-year-old Milwaukee woman was found to have a rock of crack cocaine stashed in her bra when she stole liquor from a Wauwatosa grocery store last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman went through the self-checkout at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., but failed to scan six bottles of vodka, a total value of $154, at 12:15 p.m. March 29. She said her pimp told her to steal or he would beat her.
During a search, an officer found she had 0.10 grams of crack cocaine in her bra.
The woman initially gave her sister's name as an alias so officers wouldn't find out she had three Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrants for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015