A 40-year-old Milwaukee woman was found to have a rock of crack cocaine stashed in her bra when she stole liquor from a Wauwatosa grocery store last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman went through the self-checkout at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., but failed to scan six bottles of vodka, a total value of $154, at 12:15 p.m. March 29. She said her pimp told her to steal or he would beat her.
During a search, an officer found she had 0.10 grams of crack cocaine in her bra.
The woman initially gave her sister's name as an alias so officers wouldn't find out she had three Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrants for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds