Property owners who live near a proposed senior apartment facility on North Cedarburg Road continued to oppose the project but an equal number of city residents from other areas as well as support from outside the city and from business owners made a strong case for allowing the project to continue at Monday's Common Council meeting.
In the end, after almost three hours of discussion, the council, by a 5-3 vote, decided to allow the construction of the 96-unit apartment building at 10908 N. Cedarburg Road to move ahead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Crowds turn out to discuss long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- Waukesha apartment plan may get further revisions
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay reconstruction in Germantown
- Legal fight over historic Blair House in Waukesha continues
- Waukesha's old garbage system is just about trashed with delivery of new carts
- New City Administrator Kevin Lahner ready to take on Waukesha's challenges
- Gas stations in Waukesha look at safety measures in wake of violent crime
- Study could end in third referendum in Muskego-Norway School District
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home