Property owners who live near a proposed senior apartment facility on North Cedarburg Road continued to oppose the project but an equal number of city residents from other areas as well as support from outside the city and from business owners made a strong case for allowing the project to continue at Monday's Common Council meeting.
In the end, after almost three hours of discussion, the council, by a 5-3 vote, decided to allow the construction of the 96-unit apartment building at 10908 N. Cedarburg Road to move ahead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- Trading places: Student officers learn about crime scenes and evidence collection
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library's patio
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Lifeway Foods CEO looking forward to future in Waukesha
- Neighbors unite beautifying turf
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition