Property owners who live near a proposed senior apartment facility on North Cedarburg Road continued to oppose the project but an equal number of city residents from other areas as well as support from outside the city and from business owners made a strong case for allowing the project to continue at Monday's Common Council meeting.
In the end, after almost three hours of discussion, the council, by a 5-3 vote, decided to allow the construction of the 96-unit apartment building at 10908 N. Cedarburg Road to move ahead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood master plan moving forward
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- News & Notes: Nov. 27, 2014
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license