Property owners who live near a proposed senior apartment facility on North Cedarburg Road continued to oppose the project but an equal number of city residents from other areas as well as support from outside the city and from business owners made a strong case for allowing the project to continue at Monday's Common Council meeting.
In the end, after almost three hours of discussion, the council, by a 5-3 vote, decided to allow the construction of the 96-unit apartment building at 10908 N. Cedarburg Road to move ahead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boon to Muskego downtown planning expected to come soon
- Business owners, Muskego officials to hash out problems over breakfast
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- Whitefish Bay heroin overdose leads to arrests
- Homestead, Shorewood ranked among top 10 Wisconsin high schools
- Nicolet parents concerned about math curriculum
- Big Muddly is Cedar Crest Ice Cream's winner