A man took his dog for a walk and ended up witnessing a burglary and helping find a stolen truck.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walking his dog in the 2600 block of North 85th Street saw a man park a truck in a driveway, move the truck to another driveway and walk through several front yards before heading to a back yard at 8 p.m. Jan. 22.
He memorized the truck's license plate number and called police.
The driver then got in the truck, drove past the man and threw several mason jars out the window.
Police scanned the area and found a house with a wide open door and smashed window. They called the owner, who was vacationing, and informed him that a camera and 15 mason jars filled with change and rare coins were taken. Loss is estimated at $2,250. The damage to his house is estimated at $980.
A truck was found in Milwaukee later with plates matching the number given by the man who had been walking his dog. Police found that the vehicle was stolen and returned it to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Jefferson Elementary School, West Allis, awarded pair of grants
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Judge sentences Waukesha woman who beat daughter to probation