A man took his dog for a walk and ended up witnessing a burglary and helping find a stolen truck.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walking his dog in the 2600 block of North 85th Street saw a man park a truck in a driveway, move the truck to another driveway and walk through several front yards before heading to a back yard at 8 p.m. Jan. 22.
He memorized the truck's license plate number and called police.
The driver then got in the truck, drove past the man and threw several mason jars out the window.
Police scanned the area and found a house with a wide open door and smashed window. They called the owner, who was vacationing, and informed him that a camera and 15 mason jars filled with change and rare coins were taken. Loss is estimated at $2,250. The damage to his house is estimated at $980.
A truck was found in Milwaukee later with plates matching the number given by the man who had been walking his dog. Police found that the vehicle was stolen and returned it to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three held after armed bank robbery in Menomonee Falls
- New Berlin accepts offers for two former school properties
- Cost of razing part of Muskego park building puts brakes on idea
- West Allis considers fund to help homeowners repair sewer laterals
- License of mobile home park in West Allis could roll away
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- News and notes