A man took his dog for a walk and ended up witnessing a burglary and helping find a stolen truck.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walking his dog in the 2600 block of North 85th Street saw a man park a truck in a driveway, move the truck to another driveway and walk through several front yards before heading to a back yard at 8 p.m. Jan. 22.
He memorized the truck's license plate number and called police.
The driver then got in the truck, drove past the man and threw several mason jars out the window.
Police scanned the area and found a house with a wide open door and smashed window. They called the owner, who was vacationing, and informed him that a camera and 15 mason jars filled with change and rare coins were taken. Loss is estimated at $2,250. The damage to his house is estimated at $980.
A truck was found in Milwaukee later with plates matching the number given by the man who had been walking his dog. Police found that the vehicle was stolen and returned it to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District taps Shorewood superintendent for top spot
- Neighbors west of proposed Greenfield Meijer store fear more traffic
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 2
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 22-28
- Greendale police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue