Erin Canon, daughter of Del and Pam Canon, has been named the Distinguished Young Woman of Wauwatosa and will compete to become the Distinguished Young Woman of Wisconsin.
The competitions are part of a national scholarship program that promotes and rewards academics, leadership and talent. In addition to earning scholarships for college, participants learn self-confidence through public speaking and performance.
Erin attends Wauwatosa East High School, where she is a member of the National Honor Society and Key Club. A junior, she hopes to attend college and become a psychologist and art therapist.
She participates in Chamber Choir, Vocal Jazz and the Tosa East Players theater group.
She is an active member of the Mount Carmel Lutheran Church youth group, sings in the choir and has gone on several summer mission trips.
For her talent, Erin performed an original, choreographed Irish dance. She has qualified for the World Championships three times as a solo dancer, and she has received three silver medals in team dancing. She has received several gold medals in competition at the regional level.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Mequon, Thiensville plan for future together
- Taste of the Town: Penelope's in Elm Grove, with its varied menu, thrives in the heart of the villag
- Whitefish Bay teachers union was scammed by former treasurer
- News & Notes: Oct. 2
- Teen filmmaker raising funds for India
- Shorewood Library wants kids to 'Play, Learn, Grow'
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue