A man, his wife and son were cited for obstruction for lying to police about an accident the boy had that caused a tree to hit a neighboring house.
According to the Glendale police report:
The 15-year-old boy lost control of the car while pulling out of his driveway and drove onto a neighbor's yard knocking over two trees, one of them hitting the house, in the 1800 block of West Wayside Drive about 7 p.m. Oct. 9.
The woman, 55, said she was in the car with the boy who had a learner's permit.
The boy and his father, 53, told the same story. However, the boy did not have a permit and the woman was not in the car.
The father was also cited for permitting an unauthorized driver to drive and the boy was cited for driving without a valid license.
The father said he would pay for damage, which were not listed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay School Board says radio station would be better suited for community use
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Superintendent Lexmond leaves Shorewood for West Allis-West Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 2
- Shorewood planning a community-wide book discussion
- Wisconsin Lutheran College proposes selling homes now used for student housing
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session
- Whitefish Bay couple accused of public assistance fraud
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa