Although the Greenfield Common Council is expected to approve a $56,735 tree planting contract Tuesday , not everyone who lost a street tree last year will get a new one.
"We stretch the money as far as we can," said Richard Sokol, director of neighborhood services, but $56,000 won't do the whole job. Trees are lost in some street work and sometimes just die.
The Board of Public Works this week recommended that the council award the tree-planting contract to the low bidder, Arthur Weiler Inc., Zion, Ill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Greenfield Board of Health to consider allowing beekeeping
- Greendale police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Greenfield restaurant chases dollars for homeless pets
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: May 7
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 26-May 2
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 7, 2015
- Greenfield police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 7, 2015 issue