Muskego Alderman Noah Fiedler said increased family responsibilities with the birth of his son five weeks ago and more commitments at work are the reasons he submitted his resignation from the Muskego Common Council, effective March 31.
With his daughter only 2 years old and addition of a newborn, Fiedler said, "I don't think I can devote the time I need to."
He considered the extra time commitments of his growing family when his wife became pregnant, he said, "but I thought I would give it a shot for a few weeks."
Fiedler said the controversy over whether to establish a park on the shores of Little Muskego Lake did not play a role in his decision. He noted he has worked through other divisive issues since coming on the council in 2007, and the park controversy has been no worse.
"It really was the everyday requirements of the job" that prompted his resignation, Fiedler said.
He doubted that his departure from the council would alter decision-making on the proposed park.
The Common Council plans to discuss tonight how to fill the vacancy. Fielder's term expires in April 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015