Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Public Forum: Drop-off center restrictions add inconvenience
- In Brief: School Notes
- Mirage Mediterranean Restaurant opens in Oak Creek
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 25
- Apprenticeship prep class connects Oak Creek High School juniors, seniors with real-world trade jobs
- Wheel and Sprocket offers indoor cycling classes and custom fat-tire bikes
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Waukesha woman accused of negligence after child in her care is hospitalized
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 25