Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015