Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Shorewood pushes back school start time
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- Personal finance students at Wauwatosa West guess value of items in "The Twelve Days of Christmas"
- Nicolet alum makes a name for herself at Northwestern
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding