Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: July 9, 2015 issue
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- South Shore police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- In Photos: 2015 Fourth of July celebrations in the Milwaukee suburbs and Lake Country
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Oak Creek police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools