The Oak Creek Common Council has appointed Jim Ruetz alderman of District 3.
Ruetz is no stranger to public service, as he has served on the city's Community Development Authority for nine years.
He holds a Master's of Business Administration from the University of Chicago and a bachelor's in geography-urban planning from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, as well as an associate's degree in ocean engineering from the University of Florida Institute of Technology.
Ruetz is the president and general manager of All Fasteners Inc./All Tool Sales Inc. in Racine.
He has lived in Oak Creek for 26 years and within District 3 for 14 years.
The 3rd District aldermanic seat was vacated when Stephen Scaffidi was elected mayor. Ruetz will serve the remainder of the term, which will expire April 13, when the post will be filled by election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon will serve soups, pies at Hartwell Avenue location in Waukesha
- Waukesha woman sues the city's housing authority over lost rent assistance
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- Private meetings regarding Greendale School District's John Tharp spark concern
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- Fleeing the scene of a robbery, suspects crash stolen car near Whitefish Bay
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares