The Oak Creek Common Council has appointed Jim Ruetz alderman of District 3.
Ruetz is no stranger to public service, as he has served on the city's Community Development Authority for nine years.
He holds a Master's of Business Administration from the University of Chicago and a bachelor's in geography-urban planning from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, as well as an associate's degree in ocean engineering from the University of Florida Institute of Technology.
Ruetz is the president and general manager of All Fasteners Inc./All Tool Sales Inc. in Racine.
He has lived in Oak Creek for 26 years and within District 3 for 14 years.
The 3rd District aldermanic seat was vacated when Stephen Scaffidi was elected mayor. Ruetz will serve the remainder of the term, which will expire April 13, when the post will be filled by election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants