The Oak Creek Common Council has appointed Jim Ruetz alderman of District 3.
Ruetz is no stranger to public service, as he has served on the city's Community Development Authority for nine years.
He holds a Master's of Business Administration from the University of Chicago and a bachelor's in geography-urban planning from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, as well as an associate's degree in ocean engineering from the University of Florida Institute of Technology.
Ruetz is the president and general manager of All Fasteners Inc./All Tool Sales Inc. in Racine.
He has lived in Oak Creek for 26 years and within District 3 for 14 years.
The 3rd District aldermanic seat was vacated when Stephen Scaffidi was elected mayor. Ruetz will serve the remainder of the term, which will expire April 13, when the post will be filled by election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds