The Oak Creek Common Council has appointed Jim Ruetz alderman of District 3.
Ruetz is no stranger to public service, as he has served on the city's Community Development Authority for nine years.
He holds a Master's of Business Administration from the University of Chicago and a bachelor's in geography-urban planning from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, as well as an associate's degree in ocean engineering from the University of Florida Institute of Technology.
Ruetz is the president and general manager of All Fasteners Inc./All Tool Sales Inc. in Racine.
He has lived in Oak Creek for 26 years and within District 3 for 14 years.
The 3rd District aldermanic seat was vacated when Stephen Scaffidi was elected mayor. Ruetz will serve the remainder of the term, which will expire April 13, when the post will be filled by election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Parking ramp rising for Johnson Controls in West Allis
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- Shorewood finalizes Metro Market development
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card