The Oak Creek Common Council has appointed Jim Ruetz alderman of District 3.
Ruetz is no stranger to public service, as he has served on the city's Community Development Authority for nine years.
He holds a Master's of Business Administration from the University of Chicago and a bachelor's in geography-urban planning from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, as well as an associate's degree in ocean engineering from the University of Florida Institute of Technology.
Ruetz is the president and general manager of All Fasteners Inc./All Tool Sales Inc. in Racine.
He has lived in Oak Creek for 26 years and within District 3 for 14 years.
The 3rd District aldermanic seat was vacated when Stephen Scaffidi was elected mayor. Ruetz will serve the remainder of the term, which will expire April 13, when the post will be filled by election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- New state program helps find missing Brookfield man
- Body cameras for police draw interest; expesne and usefulness are hurdles
- More polls workers needed for photo ID
- Germantown taxpayer raises questions about assessment process
- West Allis-West Milwaukee schools get $3.1 million grant
- West Allis trying to raise $10,000 on internet for fitness equipment: West Allis raising cash for fitness on Internet
- Menomonee Falls employees, district to see slight increase to premiums
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?