The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Mystery Photo Contest
- Elm Grove committee studies how to calm traffic on Watertown Plank Road
- Brookfield council advances plans for Lilly Preserve apartment project
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Correction: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Brookfield police warn against phone scam