There have been a lot of national gun-related shootings this year, but Friday's in Newtown, Conn., took the country by surprise perhaps more than any other.
And several of the NOW bloggers took up their virtual pens to share their thoughts on the latest tragedy.
- Tom Ceparski of Oak Creek writes of the conflict he feels being a father of a young girl and a gun owner.
- Tom Gaertner of Wauwatosa writes that he spent time cleaning his firearms after his hunting season.
- Lester Schultz of the North Shore believes it is time to do something about gun control.
- Karen Waldkirch of Wauwatosa says we need to look at ourselves in order to change the culture in America.
- Robin Zdroik of Greenfield thinks we should look inward to do the best that we can.
- Kevin Fischer of Franklin wonders what would happen if shooter Adam Lanza were alive.
- TJ Meyers-Jansky of West Allis reminds us that the shooting occurred because of human choices.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Westbound I-94 near Miller Park to close for 31 hours beginning Friday night
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Proposed Meijer's aesthetics, driveway concern Greenfield commission
- Wauwatosa School District may add a new introductory computer class next year
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality