There have been a lot of national gun-related shootings this year, but Friday's in Newtown, Conn., took the country by surprise perhaps more than any other.
And several of the NOW bloggers took up their virtual pens to share their thoughts on the latest tragedy.
- Tom Ceparski of Oak Creek writes of the conflict he feels being a father of a young girl and a gun owner.
- Tom Gaertner of Wauwatosa writes that he spent time cleaning his firearms after his hunting season.
- Lester Schultz of the North Shore believes it is time to do something about gun control.
- Karen Waldkirch of Wauwatosa says we need to look at ourselves in order to change the culture in America.
- Robin Zdroik of Greenfield thinks we should look inward to do the best that we can.
- Kevin Fischer of Franklin wonders what would happen if shooter Adam Lanza were alive.
- TJ Meyers-Jansky of West Allis reminds us that the shooting occurred because of human choices.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Luxury apartments included in next phase of Whitestone Station
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app