There have been a lot of national gun-related shootings this year, but Friday's in Newtown, Conn., took the country by surprise perhaps more than any other.
And several of the NOW bloggers took up their virtual pens to share their thoughts on the latest tragedy.
- Tom Ceparski of Oak Creek writes of the conflict he feels being a father of a young girl and a gun owner.
- Tom Gaertner of Wauwatosa writes that he spent time cleaning his firearms after his hunting season.
- Lester Schultz of the North Shore believes it is time to do something about gun control.
- Karen Waldkirch of Wauwatosa says we need to look at ourselves in order to change the culture in America.
- Robin Zdroik of Greenfield thinks we should look inward to do the best that we can.
- Kevin Fischer of Franklin wonders what would happen if shooter Adam Lanza were alive.
- TJ Meyers-Jansky of West Allis reminds us that the shooting occurred because of human choices.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In honor of Earth Day, volunteers will be out cleaning downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Gotta Have Heart fundraiser, healthy grocery shopping and more
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Creating interesting experiences is a risky business, and the Wilson
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Waukesha woman allegedly 'went nuts,' cut and beat her friends, during disagreement
- Wauwatosa resident Phil Dimeo hid his failing eyesight, and spells it out in a book
- Drug deal gone wrong leads to armed robbery charges against three Waukesha men
- New high school grading system in Waukesha all about clarity
- Waukesha Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Daly's is helping to bring the fountain pen back