A Brookfield woman was scammed out of more than $29,000 by someone she had met on a dating website, according to city of Brookfield police reports.
Also in the reports:
The woman told officers she had wired more than $29,000 to Malaysia on Nov. 19.
The 51-year-old woman maintained a lengthy relationship with the man, whom she had met on a popular dating website, before she agreed to send him more than $29,000 to pay for taxes on a supposed inheritance.
Although the man had agreed to pay her back, she never heard from him again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Tap dancing in high school? 'Anything Goes' in Brookfield Academy's spring musical
- West Allis approves moratorium on non-charitable secondhand stores
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- West Allis putting foot down on snakes and rat breeding to feed them
- Brookfield Academy middle school students win state Fall 2014 Stock Market Simulation
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Germantown approves raises for village staff