The Oak Creek Plan Commission last night recommended that the Common Council purchase 30 acres of lakefront land from Wispark LLC.
The council is expected to take up the acquisition April 2.
The panel unanimously agreed to recommend that the property, 9006 S. 5th Ave., be purchased from We Energies' real estate development arm for use as a public park. A purchase price was not disclosed.
That is in keeping with the city's lakefront development plan, which the commission adopted in January and which commits land for public use. Land to the west of the parcel is owned by Wispark and would ideally be home to a corporate owner, said Doug Seymour, director of community development.
"This is a strategic acquisition more than anything else," said Alderman Daniel Bukiewicz, a commission member. "This really plays into the master plan down there."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 30
- Greenfield Plan Commission cool to apartments amid homes, two-families
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 19-25
- Town of Brookfield touts commercial development at annual meeting
- Writing contest authors see hope and despair in imagining 'the last person on Earth'
- West Allis police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved