Police have a description of a man who is suspected of breaking into lockers at Cardinal Fitness locations.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
A member of Cardinal Fitness, 2885 N. Mayfair Road, said his lock had been removed and his wallet taken from a locker between 5:40 and 6 a.m. Nov. 14. A lock that had been cut was found outside the facility. His credit cards had been used.
The front counter clerk recalled a man had come in, saying he had forgotten his wallet so he had no ID or membership card. He gave his name as John Smith and received access to the locker room. Cameras showed him pretending to workout for a few minutes, then he made a big deal to the employee about leaving to put his valuables in his car because of thefts that happen in locker rooms.
He never returned.
The Wauwatosa fitness center has had similar thefts occur in the past four to five months, as has the Greenfield location during the past few weeks.
The suspect was described as a black man, age 25 to 35, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 170 pounds with a long, thin face. He has a lazy left eye permanently positioned far left. He was wearing a maroon knit winter hat with a brim, and sweatpants. He drove away in a late 1990s or early 2000s two-toned SUV with a roof rack.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm promising growth
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future