Police have a description of a man who is suspected of breaking into lockers at Cardinal Fitness locations.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
A member of Cardinal Fitness, 2885 N. Mayfair Road, said his lock had been removed and his wallet taken from a locker between 5:40 and 6 a.m. Nov. 14. A lock that had been cut was found outside the facility. His credit cards had been used.
The front counter clerk recalled a man had come in, saying he had forgotten his wallet so he had no ID or membership card. He gave his name as John Smith and received access to the locker room. Cameras showed him pretending to workout for a few minutes, then he made a big deal to the employee about leaving to put his valuables in his car because of thefts that happen in locker rooms.
He never returned.
The Wauwatosa fitness center has had similar thefts occur in the past four to five months, as has the Greenfield location during the past few weeks.
The suspect was described as a black man, age 25 to 35, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 170 pounds with a long, thin face. He has a lazy left eye permanently positioned far left. He was wearing a maroon knit winter hat with a brim, and sweatpants. He drove away in a late 1990s or early 2000s two-toned SUV with a roof rack.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in November
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in October (2)
- A roundup of suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country road projects delayed due to cuts in state budget
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015