Police have a description of a man who is suspected of breaking into lockers at Cardinal Fitness locations.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
A member of Cardinal Fitness, 2885 N. Mayfair Road, said his lock had been removed and his wallet taken from a locker between 5:40 and 6 a.m. Nov. 14. A lock that had been cut was found outside the facility. His credit cards had been used.
The front counter clerk recalled a man had come in, saying he had forgotten his wallet so he had no ID or membership card. He gave his name as John Smith and received access to the locker room. Cameras showed him pretending to workout for a few minutes, then he made a big deal to the employee about leaving to put his valuables in his car because of thefts that happen in locker rooms.
He never returned.
The Wauwatosa fitness center has had similar thefts occur in the past four to five months, as has the Greenfield location during the past few weeks.
The suspect was described as a black man, age 25 to 35, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 170 pounds with a long, thin face. He has a lazy left eye permanently positioned far left. He was wearing a maroon knit winter hat with a brim, and sweatpants. He drove away in a late 1990s or early 2000s two-toned SUV with a roof rack.
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in March
- This is how many shooting and bomb threats have been made in suburban Milwaukee schools since 2012 (3)
- Netflix Queue-and-A: Local officials discuss what they’re streaming about
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in February
- Newsroom leads the state in WNA contest
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suburban Milwaukee election center 2016
- 2015 news, business and crime year in review in suburban Milwaukee
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in December
- A roundup of 2015 holiday events in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country