Police have a description of a man who is suspected of breaking into lockers at Cardinal Fitness locations.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
A member of Cardinal Fitness, 2885 N. Mayfair Road, said his lock had been removed and his wallet taken from a locker between 5:40 and 6 a.m. Nov. 14. A lock that had been cut was found outside the facility. His credit cards had been used.
The front counter clerk recalled a man had come in, saying he had forgotten his wallet so he had no ID or membership card. He gave his name as John Smith and received access to the locker room. Cameras showed him pretending to workout for a few minutes, then he made a big deal to the employee about leaving to put his valuables in his car because of thefts that happen in locker rooms.
He never returned.
The Wauwatosa fitness center has had similar thefts occur in the past four to five months, as has the Greenfield location during the past few weeks.
The suspect was described as a black man, age 25 to 35, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 170 pounds with a long, thin face. He has a lazy left eye permanently positioned far left. He was wearing a maroon knit winter hat with a brim, and sweatpants. He drove away in a late 1990s or early 2000s two-toned SUV with a roof rack.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brewers' Hank the Dog comes to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at schools
- Christian Pleister named Canterbury Elementary's new principal
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha teenagers charged with felony counts for recent burglaries on southwest side of city
- Preliminary 2014-15 budget calls for a 3.78 percent tax levy increase for New Berlin School District